Friday 8 February 2013

Hightlight of the week?

I have to say this week I am loving the additional of Instagram for the desktop, now I can browse all those beautiful images while sipping a cuppa at my desk :)

Its true, the desktop web version isn't as addictive as the mobile app, however its great to see the likes clocking up after I have uploaded a cute new pet picture to the works account without having the get the iPad out every five minutes! I think many businesses that use Instagram as part of their social media will find this new web tool a great tool to help monitor their accounts.

Follow me on Instagram @KirstElizabeth

I also would like to note her something from last week, the HMV Twitter 'Hijack'.

As members of the head office were hauled into the boardroom, the whole event was live tweeted with #HMVXFactorFiring soon trending! Its astonishing to think that a company so large, left the passwords in the hands of a single employee, and never requested access to after they went into administration?! It seems HMV learnt the powers of social media a little too late. If you need to catch up on this story, take a read at http://www.thedrum.com/opinion/2013/02/01/hmv-twitter-hijack-it-s-hard-believe-there-are-still-social-media-lessons-be

I would love to hear your thoughts on this, do you think the employee was wrong to live tweet the event? Or were HMV to blame for not safeguarding their social media?

Hopefully may businesses have learnt a few lessons now!

Speak soon,

Social Garble :)

No comments:

Post a Comment