Thursday 14 February 2013

A review of Facebook Graph Search

Facebook Graph Search....

I signed up early to get rolled out to the new Facebook Graph search as soon as the announcement was made, and sure enough, after a few days it appeared on my news feed! Now I have had it for a few weeks, I decided it was about time I noted down my review of the latest 'revolution' from the book of face.

For those that don't know, Facebook graph search was announced 15th January 2013 as a new search facility within Facebook to facilitate searches for people with similar interests as you. if you haven't already got Graph Search, you can test it out at:

Its a great idea; In real time, Facebook's graph search aims to serve up personalised search results for over 1 billion Facebook users! That's an impressive feat.

So what can it do?
It can help me find restaurants near me that my friends have been to...
This could help me decide where to go for dinner and I could ask my friends for recommendations and what they thought about the place. After all, everyone loves a social recommendation!
I can also use it to find new pages that my friends like that similar to my interests. Using the ASOS Facebook page as an example, it appears my friends have some strange 'likes'! (Stavros Flatley?!)

I believe Facebook graph search is very much in its infancy, and could have great potential in the future. Personaly, I haven't really found it of any use in my day to day Facebook life, and I haven't yet seen any benefit to Facebook brand pages. But I do think that in the future graph search will look very different and be a great additional tool for Facebook users.

Have fun!

Social Garble :)


No comments:

Post a Comment