Monday 11 February 2013

Heard it on the grape Vine....

So this weekend I have been playing around with Vine. It came under some scrutiny when first launched, but the concept is a good one. Lots can happen in six seconds, and that's exactly what you get with Vine, six seconds to make a lot happen.

After playing around with it and attempting to make my puppy look animated, I turned my attention to who was using Vine well. Obvious first stop - ASOS. Of course they are already on board, with a great concept - ASOS Unbox.

ASOS use Vine to help extend there aim of making shopping fun. They play on the excitement of getting a a package on your doorstep from ASOS, and have used Vine to spice up the online shopping experience by showing how gratifying opening up a box from them can really be. They ask followers on Twitter to use Vine to show them unboxing their order, and offer the incentive of the possibility of something new to unbox if they like your efforts!


From searching for the hashtag #ASOSUnbox on Twitter, it doesn't appear to have had loads of people sending in their six second unbox clips, but for idea and concept - 10/10 for ASOS!

Maybe I should send my own in and see if I get some goodies??

Speak soon,

Social Garble :)

No comments:

Post a Comment